As part of Elsevier’s ongoing efforts to promote gender diversity and advance gender equity using data and an evidence-based approach, we are preparing a new gender report—The Researcher Journey Through a Gender Lens—which will be released on March 5, 2020. Our latest report will further examine critical issues and performance in research through a gender lens and will include quantitative analyses into new areas and themes and incorporate a qualitative research component:
- Research participation: Assessing gender diversity among researchers
- Research footprint: Measuring the research footprint of both genders
- Career progression & mobility: Assessing author continuity and mobility
- Collaboration networks: Evaluating collaboration patterns and gender differences
- Researcher perspectives: Perceptions about gender-related issues in academia
Our intention is to continue to share powerful data-driven insights with governments, funders, and institutions worldwide to inspire evidence-based policy and initiatives and inform further studies.
Sign up on the Report Landing Page to receive information about the report and related events and activities.