At Elsevier, our goal is to provide researchers with flexible and high-quality publication options reflecting the changing needs of our authors and readers.
Therefore, we are pleased to inform you that from January 2021, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China (NOFERR) has become a subsidized open access journal with no subscription charges.
What does this mean for you and your article?
As a valued author, here’s a little more information about the new changes and how they might affect you:
- As of 1 January 2021, the journal stopped accepting subscription articles. All submissions thereafter will be open access only.
- NOFREE will continue to be led by the same editorial board and will have the same aims and scope, editorial team, and submission system as before.
- Manuscripts will receive the same level of quality and rigorous peer review.
- Published articles will be made free to access by anyone, anywhere in the world via ScienceDirect, the world’s leading source of scientific, technical and medical research, with over 18M unique visitors a month.
- Central South University pays the OA fee. . Peer-review under the responsibility of Central South University.
- Authors will transfer copyright to Central South University, but will have the right to share their article in the same way permitted to third parties under the relevant user license, as well as certain scholarly usage rights.
On this important occasion, we would like to highlight the following OA articles for you to read:
- High-cycle fatigue and fracture behaviours of SLM AlSi10Mg alloy
- Thermal stability and precipitate microstructures of Al-Si-Mg-Er alloy
- Efficient energy absorption of functionally-graded metallic foam-filled tubes under impact loading
- Magnesium composites with hybrid nano-reinforcements: 3D simulation of dynamic tensile response at elevated temperatures
- Superplastic forming characteristics of AZ41 magnesium alloy
We would like to thank you for your ongoing support and we look forward to continuing to work with you and the community.
Find out more about open access at Elsevier as well as our recent transformative agreements to help progress open access.